The anti-aging market is awash with different cream and serum brands all professing to have the solution that you desire for that youthful look, and most of them do offer notable results in diminishing the signs of aging.
However, taking the natural route (a dietary change) is the safest bet to getting the best and safest result.
It is possible to find the secrets of looking young in the foods we eat.
Below are a few of the anti-aging fundamentals that will help you look and feel years younger.
Increase Antioxidants In Your Body
Increasing your daily intake with the best anti aging foods can certainly increase a young and vibrant look, with one of the food types being antioxidants.
The body relies on antioxidants to help it stay young. The antioxidants repair damaged cells, reduce inflammation and help to restore balance in the entire body.
The result of increased Antioxidants is a better capacity to prevent and fight chronic diseases, while also reducing the effects of too much exposure to the sun and pollutants through tissue and cell repair, which also improves skin elasticity.
Below are tips on how to increase your antioxidants intake:
- Increase your intake of fruits and veggies. Eat berries, various citrus fruits and leafy green vegetables.
Eat Balanced Meals All In Moderation
Listen to when your body is hungry and full to avoid over eating; nevertheless, it is important to eat regularly so that you avoid staying hungry.
Also, avoid sugary foods. Doing this will help to improve your blood sugar levels therein balancing your insulin production. Excess insulin speeds up the aging process and creates inflammation of the body.
Below are tips on how to keep your blood sugar and insulin level in check:
- Ensure your diet includes quality veggies that have rich antioxidants, lean animal proteins, and complex carbohydrates.
- Eat healthy snacks in-between meals. The snacks should have a good amount of veggies and fruits to support your energy levels and keep your insulin production in check.
- Cut back on caffeine and other stimulants that increase the production of insulin.
- Avoid processed sugars, consider doing natural sugar (honey is the best).
Balance Your Omega 3 And Omega 6 Fatty Acid Intake
Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids are essential for dealing with inflammation as well as cognitive and cellular function, but it is vital that you maintain a balance between the two.
Below is how you can maintain the balance:
- Eat more seafood such as mackerel, sardines, and wild salmon at least three times a week.
- Cut back or completely stop eating processed and refined foods.
- Use coconut oil to prepare your meals as opposed to margarine, butter or other processed oils.
Maintain Healthy Immune Function
The immune system gradually gets inefficient as we age thus the body also becomes more and more susceptible to chronic diseases, infections and other ailments.
As such, it is important to ensure your defence strategies are amped up through boosting your immune system. You can do this by:
- Getting adequate rest, sleeping for at least eight hours a day.
- Manage stress better since stress is an immunosuppressant.
- Increase your intake of vitamin C, Zinc, flavonoids, Vitamin B, Vitamin D and other immune supporting nutrient-rich foods.
Take Exercise Regularly
Exercising will help with weight management as well as improve your body functions, boost your immune system and increase energy production.
It improves bone density and well and does wonders to the skin thus making you look and feel young.
You can do the following simple exercises:
- Brisk walks every day (around 20-30 minutes).
- Consider walking as opposed to taking cars to your destination, or using the stairs instead of the lift.
- Consider complementing your workouts with resistance training such as Pilates, yoga, or weights.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Incorporate many of the items that are mentioned above and not only will you live longer, but you will also live longer with a healthy lifestyle and well-being, along with looking younger and feeling great.